My sister shared this spinach dip recipe with me years ago. (I am contractually obligated to give her credit for this culinary gift.) I have made this dip for parties I have hosted or attended and it is always a big hit.
If you have a potluck to attend, the most difficult step of this recipe is remembering to put the frozen spinach in the refrigerator the day before so it will thaw in time.
• 2 cups sour cream (Don’t try to be “be good” and use the nonfat variety.)
• 1 cup mayonnaise (I repeat: No diet version option. Diet in January.)
• 1 package of Knorr leek soup mix (Use the vegetable soup if you must.)
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1/2 cup fresh minced parsley (the curly kind)
• 1 teaspoon dill weed (Fresh is best, but don’t stress about it.)
• 1 clove of fresh garlic, crushed
• 1 package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
• Kosher salt to taste, if needed
Ridiculously easy directions
Mix everything together and chill. If possible, make the day before.
Serve with veggies, crackers, bread or tortilla chips.
Hope you have a fun and relaxing rest of the year.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it by clicking a social media icon below. If you really, really enjoyed this post, add yourself to my email list to receive occasional amusing messages.